WinRunner testing process involves six main stages
- Create GUI Map File so that WinRunner can recognize the GUI objects in the application being tested
- Create test scripts by recording, programming, or a combination of both. While recording tests, insert checkpoints where you want to check the response of the application being tested.
- Debug Test: run tests in Debug mode to make sure they run smoothly
- Run Tests: run tests in Verify mode to test your application.
- View Results: determines the success or failure of the tests.
- Report Defects: If a test run fails due to a defect in the application being tested, you can report information about the defect directly from the Test Results window.